By Jo Zammit
We are connected with everything around us including the moon. We are co-creators of the miracles we see in our life and the miracles we don’t see. Everything is energy and we vibrate to us what is happening inside of us. Others are a projection of our inner world, therefore we have the Universe inside of us. Every situation, conversation, trauma, setback, hardship is a lesson for our soul to evolve. It is up to us as our own miracle worker to breathe, feel, accept without judgement, learn the lesson, and forgive the person involved, cleanse and move on so we can heal, transform and expand. But most importantly so we can make space for abundance and miracles to come.
We are connected to the moon and the full moon represents feelings and emotions. So that is why people say the wolves howl at the moon or people go a little crazy when there is a full moon. You might feel anxious and overwhelmed. This is a reminder that we are all connected and you are just feeling the energy of the moon. When a full moon comes around, imagine yourself being like a cup. Throughout the month, your cup is filled up with emotions and at the end of the month you need to deal with those emotions, meet them, release and cleanse them.
The full moon can help with healing, forgiveness, shifting, releasing so you can empty that cup and allow it to be filled with the love and abundance you want. If you don’t release your cup, it will constantly overflow and this feeling of feeling overwhelmed or out of control will constantly show up in your life until you release it.
You can do this activity for yourself and release limiting beliefs and/or a release from a situation and person (as a forgiveness). Just ensure you do them separately.
What you will need for the ceremony
- Paper and pen
- Sage or Palo stick
- Lighter / matches
- Metal bowl with sand in it
- Something to support you (a crystal, a photo of a loved one, a piece of jewelry that is calming)
What to do:
This letter can be written multiple times, but don’t combine the letters. If you are forgiving someone don’t combine the letter with two people, do them separate. You don’t need to write these letters on the day of the full moon, these can be done prior. The cleansing and releasing is done on the full moon.
Prior to full moon:
- Get clear on what limiting beliefs are holding you back OR who you need to forgive (signs you might need to forgive someone is: you constantly are placing blame, lack of trust, shame, guilt, anger or fear). Remember one letter per person or yourself.
- Find a quiet place and take 5 deep breaths in, old for 5 and release for 5. Repeat this 5 times.
- Write a very detailed letter to the person or yourself who you are forgiving. If you are doing it to release negative beliefs systems follow the separate prompts below. Make sure you explain very clearly how this person has upset you, hurt you, mistreated you and affected you. Be really detailed in your explanation. You can use the following as prompts but try to make it a letter. It is very important to explain the feelings you are feeling and the situation from your point of view and how it affected you.
DO NOT WRITE ANY HARM TO THE PERSON
YOU WILL NOT BE READING THIS TO ANYONE OR SHOWING ANYONE THIS LETTER, IT WILL BE BURNT AT THE FULL MOON CEREMONY.
Letter structure for forgiveness of a person:
- Explain the situation which has upset you
- I am upset with you because…..
- Because of what you did (are doing) I FEEL
- How you feel now about the person or situation
- Sign the letter and wish them well
List of releasing negative emotions and limiting beliefs:
- Dear Universe, I ….. (insert full name) release these negative and limiting beliefs and ask them to be recycled back to love
- List each belief system, starting each sentence with I RELEASE…..
- Write as many as you want making sure you start each with I RELEASE…
- End the letter with: UNIVERSE I NOW RELEASE …….(INSERT FULL NAME) AND ANY CORDS OF ATTACHMENT OR NEGATIVE ENERGY BETWEEN US, I ASK TO SEND THEM LOVING LIGHT. I AM NOW OPEN TO RECEIVE MIRACLES AND ABUNDANCE. WITH GRATITUDE…..(INSERT YOUR FULL NAME).
- It is really important that I reiterate to not send the person ill-health or bad experiences and to not show this letter to anyone
The day of the full moon.
- Do a grounding meditation which you can find in my video here
- Ensure you have something to support you (photo of a loved one, wear red to ground you or a piece of jewellery that makes you feel safe)
- Have a metal bowl, with sand and matches (this is where you will burn your letter)
- Cleanse the space and you (use sage or palo santo stick)
- Say your intention out loud (in the present tense): I AM FREE, I AM SAFE, I AM AT PEACE (affirm how you want to feel after this cleanse and release)
- Under the moonlight, with your hand on your bare chest (over your heart) make sure your hand is touching your skin and not on your clothes
- Read the letter out loud with emotions (let the tears, anger, frustration, come out)
- Move your body if you need to release the energy (whatever feels good, doesn’t have to be long) could be a dance, run on the spot or yoga stretches or poses
- Burn the letter in the bowl and say I RELEASE YOU
- I am open to abundance and miracles
If you would like further guidance on this for your particular situation, help with identifying limiting beliefs, or who you need to forgive (or to get you to a place you can do this) please check out my Holistic Life Coaching offering and book in for a FREE 20-minute clarity call. Email me your interest now: email@example.com